With Summer just around the corner, many fruits are in season and perfect to use for recipes! To keep cool in Vancouver’s heat, here is a gluten- and dairy-free raspberry sorbet recipe to enjoy indoors and outdoors with your friends and family.
|Raw honey||2 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Warm Water||1/4 cup|
- 9×13 in. baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Measuring cups / spoons
- Airtight container for storage
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the raspberries in a single layer.
- Freeze the raspberries until completely solid (~3-4 hours) or leave it in the freezer over night.
- Place the frozen raspberries into the food processor, and add the raw honey and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides with a spatula to ensure that the mixture is blending evenly. If the consistency of the sorbet is too thick, add 1 tbsp of warm water and blend again (be sure to check the consistency after blending before adding more warm water)
- Once the sorbet reaches the consistency you like, serve immediately in bowls or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Tip 1: If the sorbet has been sitting in the freezer for some time, we recommend taking it out to thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before serving – this will make it easier to scoop out and ensure that the texture of the sorbet is smooth.
Tip 2: You can also freeze other fruits of your choice and blend them with the raspberries. We love mixing strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or even mangoes to give the sorbet a more complex and refreshing flavour!
Try this delicious dessert during the day or after dinner and you will have no trouble staying calm, cool and collected during the hot summer weather!
What other fruit combinations would you try in this sorbet? Let us know below!
Jeffrey Wu – Client Care Manager/Cardio Trainer
Jeff has been physically active ever since kindergarten and believes that enhancing overall health allows one to achieve their complete potential. He hopes to create an everlasting impact within the community by emphasizing the importance of consistent exercise routines, adequate nutrition and regular health checkups to create the brightest future possible.